Friday, March 2, 2007

WELCOME TO THE PARTY

Hi, my name is Tonja, and I am glad to have you stopping by my site. I live in south Alabama. I am a mother of 3 grown boys. My husband and I own a Powersports business. I got my degree in nursing,and have used it extensively...at home. My first son was diagnosed with cancer at age 4. He is 32 now, married to a wonderful girl. My third son was born with a cleft lip and pallate. He also has a heart condition . He is 24 and in graduate school now. My second son is 25 and homebound. He has a very mysterious condition for which we are still trying to get information. He is in severe pain at all times and it effects his balance and vision as well. I am going to write about their stories one by one on this blog and talk about how God has given my husband and I grace and mercy to make it through....and keep a small amount of sanity. I work now as a music teacher in a private kindergarten. How can you feel bad when you are around precious little ones? We are very active in our Southern Baptist Church...and I am the Preschool Director there. My Mom and Dad live here in town as does my sister and her family. How blessed we are to all be together. If you look back at some of my previous posts, you will see pictures of my family and friends. Thanks for visiting me. I am fairly new to blogging, and I have soooo much to learn. But isn't it fun? Party on!

9 comments:

Dawn said...

When I came by this morning and learned that you are from Alabama, I thought of the story I heard this morning about the storm, and the man who was being interviewed - and I could imagine your accent! I look forward to reading your stories about your sons. Amazing what we can live with and through! I think we can learn from each other. Thanks for coming by!

Diane Viere said...

What a beautiful blog you have here and what a beautiful heart you have! I am so sorry for the pain you have and are experiencing. What a wonderful spirit you are....willing to give God your pain for His glory. May you be richly blessed for your faithful obedience and surrender! I have found a great prayer support in this blogosphere.....we can pray for a miracle with you! God Bless you....and yes, party on!

Diane

gail@more than a song said...

I didn't participate in the party thing but have been seeing it on blogs and found yours through someone else's! I see you live in the state next to me!
You are blessed to have family so close by...my kids are moving all out of state from me. Love your family pics.
I've thought about reading that Nora Ephron book, you liked it?

Leah Belle said...

Hey neighbor, nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping in at my blog to say hi.I know its an overused phrase, but its a small world, isn't it? I love your posts about what bugs you. I love to get on my "soapboxes" too about what bugs me.

Rebecca said...

Wow! I look forward to reading your blog.

And thanks for stopping by mine. You are obviously stylish and I run reader input features alot, so I look forward to getting your opinion.

Are you by chance involved with AWANA? I am the Cubbies Director at our church, and on the ministry team, etc, etc.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for coming to my pajama party. And sure, we can pierce your ears. I'll just go get some ice cubes and a needle.

I read through your blog and was very impressed. It's so nice to find another lady of "a certain age" - I'll definitely be back.

BTW - my best friend is also named Tina. I think I'd like to add a Tonja to my list of friends!

Lissete said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Nice to meet you. My DH & I are going to Hawaii in Sept. We will be visiting Maui, Big Island & Oahu. We can't wait!

Jen and family said...

Hi Tonja nice to meet you
I have my bachelor in early childhood education and your site sounds interesting
visit me at http://jenz.wordpress.com/

Brandie said...

Hello to you! I have stopped by via the blogging party.
It seems God sure equiped you when he led you to get your nursing degree.
I will be praying that you figure out what is going on with your son right now.