Thursday, May 3, 2007

AND ANOTHER THING......

I don't mean to sound so negative lately, BUT...I think I just need to vent. My grief today if swim suits. Now, I know swim suits are of the devil :), but what bugs me so much is this. Why is it that when you see an article on "swimsuits to fix every figure flaw"......the models HAVE no figure flaws! They are as thin as I was in 8th grade...(but way more developed). A suit for a flabby tummy...she's anorexic. She wouldn't know flab if it hit her in the face. And for those with "ample bosom"...well if THAT is ample.....someone needs an optometrist. Oh, and for those with a "larger thigh area".....let's just say her thighs can barely hold up her body. I know you have seen these articles. There are even some on the internet....saying they've found the suits for "REAL WOMEN". Well, it doesn't get any more real than this...my stomach pooches out, I have saddlebags like my grandma, and my bosom is ample enough for me, thank you very much. Can you find a suit to fix all those things? I have come to the realization that I am never...NEVER going to like the way I look in a swimsuit. I do want to look my best, but "my best" will NEVER be in a swimsuit! And, life will go on. I am going to Hawaii in 43 days, 8 hours and 1 minute with my 2 best friends. And I am going to go swimming in the pool. I'm going to lay on the beach, and lounge by the pool. This body has served me well and I'm going to treat it to a vacation in the sun. Now if I somehow magically lose 20 pounds before then...I show you a picture....if not...you'll have to be content with a picture of a lovely island sunset.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

You are hilarious...I was laughing out loud while reading this...especially the part about, "it doesn't get any more real than this..."

HAHA! I am STILL laughing out loud and will probably share this with friends at work tomorrow...

You have a huge gift of humor and you use it perfectly! Thank you!

And by the way, how's your husband?

Justabeachkat said...

Girl...I soooooooooooo know what you mean! Just how many suits do we have to try on to find just one that will "do"????? I never expect to find one that's perfect...that's impossible. Great post!

Tracey said...

Tonja, that is so true! I get those magazines and it has all their "flaws" with "just the right suit" and I'm thinking, that little skirt tankini thing would NOT even begin to cover up these saddlebags! Swim dress? Come on, I got panties that cover more than that!

I HATE swimsuits! And I just have to ad, that if I had Beachkat's figure, I'd be struttin' like a proud peacock in a bikini!!!

Tracey said...

oops, *add*

Anonymous said...

Our pool opens tomorrow, and I am SO not ready for it. But know what? I'm going to wear the same old suit from years gone by, because I cannot stand looking for a new one. I'm going to lay (lie?) by the pool in my old flabby glory and not give a hoot about what others may think. I only see these people at the pool, don't know who they are or where they live, and I'm sure they don't care about me either. So I'm just going to stake my claim to a chair in the sun and enjoy myself. So there!!

Tonja said...

HOORAY for REAL bodies everywhere! Thanks girls, you've made me feel better!

Lynne...Sit proudly!