Tuesday, May 8, 2007

FINALLY....

Just a quik note to let you know we finally got an appointment for Don in Birmingham. The young lady, Kara, who was so helpful during my meltdown with the office here, called me around noon yesterday to tell me that they still did not have an appt., but she was working on it and would get back to me soon. And she did. About an hour later, she called with an appt. --- Wednesday morning at 9:oo. So Don and a very dear family friend are leaving this afternoon and will spend the night in Birmingham and be ready for the appt. on Wed. My youngest son, Ian, will be able to go to the appt. with them.

Because this came up so fast, I will not be able to go. This is program week at my school and I have programs Tue., Wed., and Thur. mornings. This is fine with Don, he knows I would be there if I could.

I may not be going...but I am sending a list of questions. Men...they never ask the right questions...or any questions at all sometimes.

So, please think of us in the morning and ask for God's grace and mercy and healing power. I thank you again for your concerns. Will post as soon as I hear anything. Blessings....

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Tonja, I will definitely be lifting him up in prayer both today and tomorrow.

The Lord gave me these verses yesterday in a whirlwind of activity when I cried out to Him...

Psalm 43:4
Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And on the harp I will praise You,
O God, my God.

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The Help of my countenance and my God.

Looking forward to praising the Lord with you when we receive a "good report" on hubby!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...once Kara got involved, she got the ball rolling...and quickly. I'm so glad that he will get in so soon, but I know you wanted to be there. I had to laugh since I would have done the same about sending a list! You're right, men don't ask the "right" questions and as many of them as we would. I'll add him and the doctor to my prayer list. Keep us updated.

Southern Heart said...

Tonja, I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers!

Andrea

Jean said...

So glad things are moving ahead. And here's a verse I love at times like this:

Psalm 112:7 & 8

I will have no fear of bad news; my heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. My heart is secure, I will have no fear; in the end I will look in triumph on my foes.

Dianne said...

I'm glad the ball is finally rolling too! There's not much to say that everyone else hasn't said, but I will be remembering him/them/you too!