Sunday, July 15, 2007

IS IT HOT IN HERE?

Yesterday my Sunday School class took a ladies trip to see the musical, MENOPAUSE. We travelled to the Shakespeare Theater in Montgomery, had a lovely dinner at Olive Garden, and got seated a few minutes before show time. Let me just say this..."best return for my money in a long time." It was hilarious! I laughed and clapped and hooted and hollered and laughed and sang along and laughed and clapped and shouted and laughed. That was for the first song....there were about 25 more. The best 2 hours I've spent in a long time. The show features 4 women ...over 40...and nearing or into that "special time of change." Then they parody songs from the 50's, 60's, 70's. They cover it all...hot flashes, night sweats, forgetfullness, weight gain, sex or lack thereof, irritability, etc. You know...all those things us "seasoned ladies" deal with on a daily basis. I urge you to go if it comes anywhere near you. There is a national website:
www.menopausethemusical.com . Here you can find the tour cities. You can also order the CD and songbook and other stuff. Just to listen to the CD is fun. You won't be disappointed.

6 comments:

Southern Heart said...

Sounds like such a fun (and timely ;) show! I will definitely have that on my must-see list...I'm so glad that you had a good time! :)

xo,

Andrea

Jean said...

My word, it's funny enough just reading about how you acted at the show!!

The nearest it comes to us is Baltimore, so I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to see it. I would just love it, I know.

Dianne said...

I've actually seen Menopause, The Musical twice Tonja and you are right, it was fabulous. I went with a different group of women each time and both times, everyone had a ball and just laughed and laughed and laughed. It's definitely something not to be missed! :-)

Tracey said...

Ahhhh! So close and yet SO FAR!!! You were 10 minutes from my house!!!

I saw it with a group of girls about a month ago. I agree, hilarious!!!

One of these days, the twain shall meet!!!

Justabeachkat said...

I saw it recently and loved it! I'd see it again in a heartbeat. So much fun to go with a group of girls. Glad you had a good time.

Hugs!
Kat

bren said...

I have seen this show here in Florida. My sister owns a travel agency and had told me about the show and how funny it is. Not being to that special age yet I just put her off. Finally she and her best friend and about 5 of her sisters/sisters in law were going and I agreed to go. OH MY GOODNESS I have never laughed so hard in all my life. I got a group of ladies together and we took a motorcoach bus full of ladies to see it. We had a blast.