Saturday, August 25, 2007

EWENICE


EWENICE
Originally uploaded by Tonja Owens
Is this not a beautiful sheep? While Alex and I were in Birmingham, we stopped in at a little shop called Lamb's Ear. A funky little shop with lots of unique items. Since I am a collector of sheep...I fell in love with this one. It is made of a concrete like substance I knew immediately she wanted to be mine. Next thing I know Alex is paying for her. Then he turned to me and said, "Happy Birthday, Mom."
Is that a good son, or what? You know, it's not the gift that matters so much to me (though I LOVE it) ,,,it's the fact that he saw how much I like it and he wanted me to have it. God bless his heart.

7 comments:

Dianne said...

That's VERY sweet...and what a great name! I love it!

Justabeachkat said...

I think he loves "Ewe". It's really a cute sheep.

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

I love that name. I've used a children's musical a couple of times named "We Like Sheep." In that musical the new lamb in the flock is named Ewenice!

Anonymous said...

You have the sweetest sons!

Angela Baylis said...

What a sweet guy!!! And so very thoughtful! It's very cute, too!

Awe... I love sensitive guys!

-Angie xoxo
p.s. I just noticed your favorite music, and I love the same artists!!! You have good taste!

violetlady said...

I love the lamb. My sister collects sheep also. Your son is so sweet.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

What a great son. I love stories like this!