Thursday, August 16, 2007

LIFE GOES ON...

Hi friends. I am feeling in kind of a reflective mood today. Must be all that nitrous oxide still having an effect on me. I have been working at school all week, getting my room ready for open house tonight. We have to take everything down for the summer, and put it back up when we start back. Bummer! But, I have found some new things to put up in my room, and I think it looks pretty good.I had made a picture, but on an old camera. My good one is still in intensive care. And I can't get the pictures to load onto the computer. Maybe I'll have some help later. It seems that life is going by so fast sometimes. Does it to you? I just took my room apart and now I'm putting it back together. And, come Monday, I will be in the routine that will govern my life for the next 9 months. I don't know if it is age or what, but I'm not sure I want anything to govern my life for 9 months anymore. I want to be able to do WHAT ever comes up...WHEN ever it comes up...and not be bound by any GOT TO's. Am I making sense to anyone? I know how fortunate I am to have the job that I do. It really is a Godsend. I love the people I work with and they could not be any more accomadating of the time I have to be away with Alex. I also know that if I stayed home all day...everyday, I would go stark, raving MAD! I just am not a domestic kinda girl. I like to be out and see people. And, I LOVE being able to work with children. So, why am I even having these thought? Why is this even an issue with me? I don't know. Must be something to do with this'PERSONAL SUMMER' I'm going through. I just notice that life is going by too quickly...and I want it to slow down. Please. If you don't mind. I'll just wait right here...

3 comments:

Jean said...

You're making a whole lot of sense to me, Tonja. I'm going through the EXACT same range of feelings right now. Many, many similarities.

Justabeachkat said...

Well girlfriend. It kinda/sorta sounds like you might be in, or headed to Funk City. Remember when I was there and you gave me the bestest advice?! Remember "the gospel according to Tonja"? If not, go here:

http://justabeachkat.blogspot.com/2007/05/funk-city.html

Pay special attention to Item #4. Now run quickly and get your supplies, including, of course, your favorite - Diet Dr. Pepper mixed with marichino cherry syrup - and indulge for awhile.

It helped me. It really did.

Hugs and extra love,
Kat

Dawn said...

It has been awhile since we connected. I just read your comment to nancygrace. I've just found her and wish more people would!

I know we've commented to each other about this before, but it sounds like our sons have led parallel lives - Kevin was DELIVERED, not rehabbed. We are so very thankful to God for His protection and mercy and Kev's new life in Him.

As for wanting freedom - I am so with you! I am almost 60 and have been already talking to our HR person at the university about the ins and outs of retirement. This summer has flown so quickly. I work all summer, but it is supposed to be less crazy because the students are gone, but this summer just FLEW by and I don't feel ready for school to start. My son, the delivered prodigal, has declared his major in my department (social work), so I'll be seeing him often. He's 30, and is finally a junior! But what a life full of education he has had already!