Friday, August 10, 2007

NICE MATTERS AWARD


NICE MATTERS AWARD
Originally uploaded by Tonja Owens
Thank you, Kat, for giving me this award. What a sweet surprise it
was to find it on your blog.
When I looked up what 'nice' means, Webster's says this:

1. discriminating, fastidious

2. marked by delicate discrimination or treatment

3. pleasing, agreeable, well-executed

4. well-bred

5. virtuous, respectable, choosy, particular, persnickity, picky

I was feeling pretty good about myself...until I got near the end of #5!
Who knew that 'nice' meant all that? But, it's true, I do find myself being those things,too, at times.

The award states:" This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blogging friends, and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. It is also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world."

So, Kat, I think you are the embodiment of those words. You are everything the award states. I have so enjoyed getting to know you, because you are...you know..."NICE."

And so are these friends: Dianne, Tracey, Jean, Lynne, Leah, Rhoda.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you - you're double nice! I've passed the award on to others.

Justabeachkat said...

Wow Tonja...how "nice" you are to say such "nice" things about me. See, that's why I gave you a "nice" award...you're "nice"!

Sorry...I just had to have a little fun...sometime it just feels so "nice" to be silly.

Hugs!
Kat

Dianne said...

Tonja, you are sweet to mention me. I have certainly enjoyed your blog, your humor and your insights these last several months.

I saw this post earlier today, but my mom is in town (her birthday's today) and I was on the way to my sister's for dinner, so I had to scoot, but I did want to say thanks...I'll see who I can come up with that hasn't been mentioned and pay it forward...and thanks again!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, thank you so much, Tonja! I love that...I like to be nice. Someone else gave me this already, but I'll add your name on there too as one of the ones who gave it to me.

There are so many nice bloggers out there, it's refreshing.

Rhoda