Thursday, December 13, 2007

GOOD GIFTS

A very sweet thing happened at school yesterday. I had 2 programs for my K-5 students, 2 classes in each. Our program was entitled GIFTS. We sang about the gifts we want for Christmas...and the gifts we are getting. All leading up to the greatest gift of all...Jesus. I used several Bible verses. "Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift." "The gift of God is eternal life." "Every good and perfect gift comes from above." James 1:17. As we've learned our music, and speaking parts, I have had the chance to speak to them about what these verses mean. You can never know for sure they understand the point, but sometimes they get it. Before the program I always pray with each class before we go to the stage. As I was praying in one class, I thanked God for giving us a beautiful, sunny day for our program. When I said,"Amen", Hudson was already waving his arm in the air to tell me something. "Mrs.Owens, our sunny day came from God 'cause everything good comes from Him. Right?", said Hudson. "You're right, Hudson, today is a gift from God." So,even though there were 70 K-5 students performing yesterday....I know that at least 1 understood that EVERY good thing that happens to us is from God. And if there is just 1...that is enough.


A song I wrote for this program:

EVERY GOOD AND PERFECT GIFT

Every good and perfect gift comes from above.
Every good and perfect gift is filled with love,
From the One who watches us and knows our every need.
Every good and perfect gift is from God, indeed!

No comments: