Wednesday, December 19, 2007

SAD NEWS

If you read my post on Sunday about the newspaper article that included Alex, you also read about a lady named Becky Clark. Her struggle with cancer and pain and suffering ended this morning about 5:30. She had lapsed into a coma yesterday. Please join me in praying for her family. They have all battled this with her for 15 years. And they are rejoicing that her suffering is over. But, that still does not ease the loneliness and sadness and grief. She was such a bubbly, vivacious person, and I just know she is lighting up heaven with her sweet spirit. She's home with Jesus. How blessed her family is to have that consolation and to know they will be together again with her in God's time.

4 comments:

Jean said...

We have to be delighted for her. But how well I know the pain of being left without a loved one. I will lift them up to the Lord.

nancygrayce said...

If we did not have the light of heaven as our hope, the dark of death would overcome us.

Mary said...

Tonja - catching up this evening and have read what's been happening with you, Alex and Ian. My thoughts are with you all - hoping Ian's trip is fun and he gets back safely with stories to tell for Christmas. Hoping the many prayers for Alex - mine included - will bring him comfort and less pain. Knowing that your friend is in a better place and lighting up heaven with her smile for Christmas.........all these things are keeping you so strong and I admire you so very much.

Blessings to you and your family for a joyous Christmas.
Hugs - Mary.

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Tonja, I'm so sorry to hear of her death. I'll pray for her family.

Hugs!
Kat