Monday, May 19, 2008

WHIRLWIND DAYS

Whew! It's nice to catch my breath! We had a busy week-end in Birmingham with Ian, and his graduation. I drove his car to Dothan and Don left to go to a meeting in Callaway Gardens. Today, was my next to last day of school, and we had program practice. Kinda had a snafu with practice times, so it threw us all off. The kids were tired, and did not practice as well as I would have liked. Then when school was over, Don called me to go to the new house and we ended up staying there for a couple of hours. We are trying to get the mortar wash right on the brick. I don't want it too heavy where it looks like stucco, but I don't want it so light that it looks like painted brick. Trying to explain this to a group of men who do not speak English is not easy! I need my sister-friend Shirley...she has taught Spanish for about forever. Then the man came to talk about the sound system and security system and computer and TV stuff. Why does this have to be so complicated? I would like to just go to Wal-mart and get me a boom box and be done with it! LOL! At least I would know how to work that! Then we had some flooring issues, and some other things to work out. Don and I grabbed a bite to eat and Ian just called and said he's on the way home with a U-Haul full of his furniture...and it has to be turned back in tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day of school and my big program is tomorrow night. Then on Wednesday, I think I'll sleep all day!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Praying for you in the whirlwind. Mine continues even tho the program is over. However, today there was not a drop of adrenaline left in my body. I could fall asleep anywhere, any time.

Anonymous said...

I got tired reading your post! Hopefully things will slow down a bit for you.

I never heard of a mortar wash on brick. Can you post some pictures when it's done?

LivingTheLife said...

Tonja...
Well sounds like you deserve a very nice long nap...I guess tomorrow can't come soon enough, eh?

NOW, you won't believe this...but we are planning on doing a mortar wash on our brick as well...we are planning on possibly using some old Chicago brick...and then applying the mortar wash...however, some of the reclaimed brick we have seen will not need a wash...b/c of the way it was originally placed. I can't believe we have both chosen to go this route (of course we are still in the planning stages...so who knows)...I guess we are both trend setters OR we are just so unbelievably cool with amazingly great taste..Ha!!

Good luck with all the electrical and sound stuff...I'm kind of like you...can't I just buy a boom box for each room...and call er' done! MEN!! And I swear if any of those things requires another remote or a FLASHING blue digital time light...I'll be pulling my hair out!!

Blessings...
Teresa

Justabeachkat said...

Good Golly Miss Molly! You've got alot going on. I don't blame you for wanting to sleep all day on Wednesday. You deserve it.

Hugs!
Kat