Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A NOTE FROM A VOTER


Well, it is here. The day that could possibly change America forever. Are you as nervous as I? I am reminded of this great truth: Nothing will happen today, or any day for that matter, that God does not allow. May He be merciful and grant our great country grace and protection today.

I am really not a political person. But, I felt a strong need to help spread information I felt needed to be heard. While you may disagree, everything that was posted was based on fact and I listed all sources to back it up. With the exception of "The Night Before Election'...that was a total opinion piece. Which, thank God, I am still free to voice. Now as to whether I am or am not a "nice, Christian woman", is not for you to decide...that is between me and God. However, as our pastor reminded us from the pulpit on Sunday..."Thou Shalt Not Kill" leaves no room for interpretation. I must back the candidate that follows God's law. God instituted marriage between a man and a woman...I must also stick with the candidate that follows this law. In Psalms, there is a verse that says..."if you don't work, you don't eat." Makes sense to me. We are also expected as Christians to help those who can not help themselves...and we should.

Thanks for reading and considering the posts that I thought worthy to print. I hope it made you think. And, thanks for the comments...even if we don't agree. Isn't it nice that we can disagree openly and without fear? This is a great country, and I pray with all my heart that God's man will be our next President.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Good Morning,,, I voted!! Go McCain
Huggsss and have a terrific week, I will so be glad when this is over
Blessings
Sharon

nancygrayce said...

Sometimes facts are so hard to swallow.....I say thank you and Amen!

Jill said...

Hoping for a good result tonight, but things don't look in our favor. However, there are more important things and I'll just be glad when it's all over.

Mindy said...

Thank you so much for all the information you posted, including the "Night Before Elections" which gave me a chuckle. Oh and I DO think you're a nice Christian woman, lol.

Paula V said...

I understand and agree. I know many are voting for all offices in which it will best financially benefit this country. I say we must vote the Bible and trust the Lord to the financials. Isn't it much like tithing. Tithing is all about trust. Giving BACK to God what is His. We follow Him and trust He'll take care of our finances. We must do the same with our country. Vote in accordance to His Word and trust Him to take care of the rest.
Thanks for sharing,
Paula

windycorner said...

We've just got to trust the Lord on this one, Tonja. As you can see, I'm reading blogs instead of watching the returns. It's out of hands now so we all will have to support and pray for our new president.
Holley

Anita said...

I sometimes read your blog and just wanted to say thank you for posting your opinion and the information about the election. Here in Australia we have had quite a bit of converaage on your election, reading what you have on your blog has given me a bit of insight. I have to say I am a bit concerned over the election result.
So, thanks for speaking up!