Tuesday, January 13, 2009

FURNITURE...FINALLY




Part of our furniture has arrived! The COUCHES for the den came today and they look even better than I thought they would. These pictures do not capture the true color and richness of the fabric. When you see just a swatch of fabric, it is sometimes hard to imagine it all over the piece...at least it is for me. But, I am very happy with the way it blends with this...


MY CHAIR! I love my chair! Our architect and designer found this and said it would be perfect for the room. We went to see it, and he was right! At least I thought so. Don...not so much. To be fair though, it really didn't fit him as well. But, I looked divine sitting in it and it fit me to a 'T'! The back and sides are horse hair!!! Can you believe it? But, no animal was sacrificed for MY chair. This horse lived out his days quietly munching apples from a tree in the pasture, with an occasional lump of sugar from the adorable kids who lived nearby. A kind and gentle woman would rub his coat down at night and cover him with a lovely hand stitched blanket. Then she gave him loads of fresh hay and sang him to sleep. She ever so kindly left a tiny night light on in his stall for comfort. He 'jumped the fence' to that great pasture in the sky quietly and without distress. At least that's what I think the lady at the furniture store said.


Our bed has also arrived. But, still waiting for the rest...and still looking for chairs for my beautiful table!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Tracey said...

LOVE the furniture! And what a sweet story you made up about the horses! ;-)

LivingTheLife said...

Why oh why don't you write books or stories to sell...I promise you I would read everything you write...cos you have the same "exact" imagination as I do. My sweet hubbin has asked many a time..."where do you live, that you can come up with such things?" To which I always reply..."I live in la-la land...I love it there, and I'm never coming back!"

I love your chair and your new couches...soft neutral colors...with a pop of Pizazz...a gal after my own heart!! I can't wait to see the other things you've ordered!

BTW...how are you feeling and how's Scooter? I hope the 2 of you are on the mend....my little "Cookie" you know the "slow" pup...is not really much better today...she is on "no food" as of now...to the vet tomorrow if she hasn't improved. She seems fine...but she just can't keep things "in" if you know what I'm sayin~...she most surely ate something that was NOT on her list!

Blessings...
Teresa

Kellie said...

Those sofas are BEAUtiful! And that chair, oh, I could sink in it! I can't wait to see more pictures of the entire house!

BTW, my sisters dog (in B'ham) has had this stomack bug too - I see Lindsey's has too - maybe there's some food poisoning going on here - awfully ironic to have 3 dogs with throw up bug at the same time!

nancygrayce said...

Gorgeous! I've honestly never heard of anything horsehair (maybe I don't get around a lot) but that is so pretty! You'll get a chance to sit by that fire with the cold weather coming!!!

Paula V said...

You are too funny...no animals sacrificed...or at least that's what the store clerk said. The chairs are neat...I've never since a leather chair with backs/side hair. Couch look soft and comfy.

Jean said...

How exciting to get new furniture! It looks beautiful and so comfortable. And I'm so glad your chair back was made from the hair of such a well treated horse!

Justabeachkat said...

YOU, my friend, are a "hoot". Love the new couches and I love your chair. I remember how exciting it was when each new piece arrived for us. It was like Christmas each time. Enjoy.

Hope you and Scooter are feeling better.

Hugs!
Kat