Sunday, January 4, 2009

YEAH FOR YELLOW !








Do you want to repaint your living room or kitchen this new year? According to Pantone, the company that aids designers by predicting future color trends, yellow is to be the big color for 2009. “I think it’s just the most wonderful symbolic color of the future,” says Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “It’s invariably connected to warmth, sunshine and cheer — all the good things we’re in dire need of right now.”
******************************************************************************
And here I sit...less than 2 weeks in my new home and not a 'yellow thing' in sight! I'm behind before I even get started! :) That's just fine with me though. The home we just moved from, had a bright, yellow kitchen and grandroom. So, I guess that kinda makes me 'ahead of my time', huh?

5 comments:

Tracey said...

remember me? (former) member of the B Club!?!? Have I been excommunicated?! Ahhhh...I really am going to try to do better about blogging this year. I miss you and our bloggy friends!

I have loved looking at the photos of your new home...absolutely stunning!

And can I just say, I hate yellow. Maybe it brings back memories of when I had jaundice as a baby (haha!)...but I don't like it on me in clothes, or in paint colors...guess I won't be in style!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

nancygrayce said...

When we repainted a bedroom and made it an office, we painted it yellow!!! Of course that was about 3 years ago so I guess I'm ahead of the trends too. I just liked the soothing, sunny look!

Jean said...

I was WAAAAYYY ahead of the times. My kitchens from 1971 to 1987 were all yellow, ha, ha, ha!! And unlike Tracey (that renegade B Club member!!) I love bright yellow clothes, especially yellow and black. Not that I have any right now, but I used to, back in my thinner days.

Anonymous said...

The only room that's near yellow in my house is my office - gold. I love the look of a sunny yellow kitchen (mine's green). We used to have a yellow bedroom and our spare bedrooms here were painted yellow before I got on the purple kick.

Zaankali said...

Wow! Who knew? I had my kitchen painted yellow a few years ago. I guess I am ahead of the times also.
Smiles!