Friday, April 3, 2009

KID TALK

It has always been extremely important to me that the children in my classes really understand the songs they are singing. I stop and explain all the words that I think may not be known to them or be understood by them.

Today, I was explaining the difference between 2 words: shy and bold. They all knew what 'shy' meant and could quickly tell me who in the class was 'shy'. Then, I asked if anyone knew what 'bold' meant. Quickly, a sharp young fella raised his hand, and proudly said..."It means you don't have any hair!"

I didn't have the heart to tell him that he was wrong, so I just 'confessed' that I had mispronounced the word!

5 comments:

LivingTheLife said...

Smart move! I don't think I would have thought of that...you are so good w/kiddo's...one day you will make the best grandma EVER! Well, after I get some grandbabies... all bets are off...lol!

I came to your site today...because I've been all blue again w/the moving thing (I'll explain the reason why in an email)...and I knew I could count on you to cheer me up...and you did...thanks for always being there...even when you don't know it!

blessings...
Teresa

Dianne said...

I adore children when they come out with stuff like that. Thanks for the giggle. CUTE STUFF! Hope all is well with you.

Dona said...

PLEASE say that your last post was a mean April Fools joke! How about another 3 years- please, please! You will be missed more than you know! We all love you! You are a blessing to my entire family.

Mindy said...

LOL that is too cute!!

andi said...

heeheheeheh!!!!! You silly girl! You said bold!!!!!