Tuesday, April 14, 2009

UPDATE

Just a quick note to let you sweet friends know that all is well. The surgery went fine, and the Dr. was able to remove the 'area of concern'. Don should recover well, and be back to his normal routine in a day or four...well, you know how men are! :)

I am so proud of my boys for looking after their Dad so well. They took care of everything and made this Mom even prouder of them. Don and I are so blessed to have these wonderful sons. God is good!

The news from the surgery is great...BUT, I have some more news to share with you. AND, it is even better! But, it will have to wait till tomorrow. Scooter is getting sicker and sicker. I have been having to take him out every hour or so...day and night. I haven't really slept in 3 nights! So, if you'll just kindly wait till tomorrow to hear my other good news...I just think I'll try to sneak in a few more hours of sleep!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words, your sweet concern, and your prayers to our Father. You bless me, and fill my heart with gratitude for your friendship. God bless you!

10 comments:

nancygrayce said...

So, so, so thankful that all is well and can't wait to hear the even better tomorrow! Mine will be much better tomorrow!!!!

I'm praying because losing man's best friend is HARD! So, thinking of you all!

Oh, and yes, your boys are something special!

Jean said...

So wonderful about your husband's surgery outcome and your wonderful boys.

So sad about Scooter.

And I will try to wait patiently for your other good news.

Southern Lady said...

Tonja, I'm so glad to hear all is well with your husband, and can't wait to hear your "even better" good news tomorrow.

Get some rest and take care of yourself, my friend.

Sharon said...

Praise God, for he gets all the glory! It is wonderful that the boys helped out there dad. I am sorry to here about scooter! My heart reaches out to you, been there done that!
Looking forward to the other exciting news as well.
Have a beautiful day!

Kellie said...

Thank God everything is fine - can't wait to hear your good news!

Love Being A Nonny said...

So glad he is good! God is like that isn't He?

Good news....do tell!!!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Thank God for the good news. Your boys sound like they have grown to be good caring young men. I, too, have 2 boys who have grown to be caring, kind men for which I am so thankful. Will check back tomorrow for your GOOD news.

LivingTheLife said...

God is GOOD! So thankful, Don's surgery went well and the news is good. Kudo's to the boys for being such upstanding young men...wonder where they learned that??? lol

Can't wait to hear the "good" news tomorrow...I'm secretly guessing what it could be...and I think I know...we'll see tomorrow!

Thinking of Scooter and all your family...pups are very much a part of the family, aren't they?...and Scooter has been such a faithful dog to each of you, I know how hard this is for you, and especially Alex.

Blessings...
Teresa

Angela Baylis said...

I'm hoping you got some rest! So glad to hear the surgery went well. I will keep Scooter in my prayers. Let us know if you need any help!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Justabeachkat said...

Oh shoot! Why is it when I get behind in my blog reading that I miss out on information that I feel bad about missing. I'm so sorry I didn't know about Don's surgery before now. You and your family are in my prayers each time I pray, but I certainly would have prayed specifically for Don's surgery. I'm so glad all is well though. Praise God. I'm so sad though about Scooter. It breaks my heart.

I'm excited to find out your good news. May I guess? Will the stork be visiting your family?

Hugs sweet friend!
Kat