Wednesday, August 12, 2009

**********71309**********


Today is my Mom's birthday, and I am feeling sad. But, it's OK. Sadness will move on to sweet memories...and life will go on. There will be times to celebrate, and more times to mourn. Life will continue to change. There will be family times that will bring about happy tears, and sad tears as well. But, through it all...we will lift our voices to praise Him who joined us together as a family. We have fully lived our times together, and will continue to do so. Even as we are apart, there is the blessed hope that our Father promises. For we shall be together again...but, until then...we will celebrate life!

I wrote the following poem the day after Mom died.

*************************************
71309

The lazy Sunday afternoon
With it’s promise of rest, and reading, and quiet
Is shattered...quickly...and untimely.
A shatter that shakes to the core,
A shatter that chills to the bone,
A shatter that is first-heard
But, known, nonetheless.

The seeing.
The knowing.
The hope.
The reality.
The decision.
The peace.

Waiting, and loving.
Thinking, and praying.
Crying and rejoicing
And singing…blessed songs of hope and peace and strength and
Praise...always praise.

Breathing in and breathing out...
Natural... peaceful...
Like waves
Rolling in and rolling out;
Started at creation
To end at His word.

Lips to praise.
Souls to weep.
Arms to hold.
Hearts to break.

And Spirits to wait.


****************************************
"We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done. ..so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children."
Psalm 78:4-6

8 comments:

RachelD said...

Beautiful and peaceful, and OH, so inspiring.

Just lovely.

LivingTheLife said...

Loved the poem...you were so wise to write it down, it is beautiful, poignant, & heartfelt. You captured what many of us have felt in the early hours after loosing a very precious loved one...something that can only be done in my opinion at the onset of the journey.

I'm sending (((BIG HUGS))) to you today...please give a couple to your dad and sis, too. It's a beautiful day here in California and I'm going to think of you, your mom and family each time I walk outside into the beauty of this day...a great gift...just as your mom was to all that knew her.

Blessings...
Teresa

nancygrayce said...

How Beautiful! The first year my daddy died, I wanted to stay in bed all the time. The world just didn't seem right without him, but I knew he wouldn't come back from heaven even if he could!

Donna said...

Beautiful!
Donna

Sherrie said...

My heart aches with you, and rejoices with you. No one knows the range of emotions until they have been there.....sweet poem....reading this post with tears in my eyes....I love you and miss you!!!!!

Gram said...

What a beautiful poem. I lost my Mom 35 years ago and can remember that raw pain on the first birthday she was gone. Her birthday was the day after mine and I think that made it even harder. I can tell you the pain eases as the years go by but you still remember and miss her. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Justabeachkat said...

Sweet...beautiful...touching. Gorgeous photo too.

Hugs!
Kat

andi said...

Hugs to you...
Writing is soothing isn't it? It captures emotions and allows some sort of sense to the spinning that we feel.