Friday, October 23, 2009

WHAT TO DO WITH THIS PUMPKIN?.....Part 2

OK...we stacked 'em last post.....let's paint them this time! These can be done on real pumpkins or the faux foam craft pumpkins. My philosophy? If you are going to put this amount of work into it...go with the faux.

Use chalkboard paint...comes in spray can...requires 2 coats...


Hand painted...freehand...


Argyle design...


Diamond or checkerboard patterned...


Carved...then painted...


Add a creature...or 2...


...Or three or more...


Plaid...stripes...or polka dots...


Add a big, black crow...


Beautiful sunflower pattern...


Use a doily as a stencil...


OK......GET BUSY!!!!!

6 comments:

Gram said...

I love the sunflower! Since I have absolutely no drawing/painting skills, I will have to bribe my daughter to do this for me.

nancygrayce said...

I loved the carved, then painted....of course, I doubt you'll catch me doing anything that creative!!

Paula V said...

I love the non-traditional ones. The argyle reminds me of a sweater...love it.

RachelD said...

Well I Swan, Tonja!! Between these and the acorn muffins---what are you doing, Moonlighting as Martha??

These are just too charming. Makes me wish for SOME kinda artistic SOMETHING I could do.

I love all the things you find and create and tell about.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Are you kidding me, those are the most beautiful pumkins I have ever seen. I took one so don't be upset if you see it on my blog someday. I just have to share it.
Would you like me to link it to you. Let me know. Great post!

Jewel said...

Those are so cute! Some beautiful! Yes, I wouldn't dare paint a real pumpkin only to watch it rot away with all my time and creativity (I almost put creativeness hehe.. then realized creativity is better, AND a real word!)