Sunday, January 31, 2010

INSIGNIFICANT

Has there ever been a time that you have felt insignificant?



...a time when you felt all alone in the world?


...maybe you felt like the things you said and did did not really matter...


...maybe you felt as if you were facing a great unknown...


...or perhaps, you just felt like a small speck in the universe...


******************************

I think we have all felt this way at one time or another. And, you may even know where to find the answers that will make you feel better. I, too, know where to find these answers...but there have been times in my life when I did not even have the strength to look for them. There have been times when I knew what these answers were...but, wondered if they were really true. If God really would do the things He says He will.

I never want to leave the impression that I have never doubted, that I have never questioned God. Because the opposite is true. I have. But, I am on the other side of those feelings now...I have been through them and learned much about my God.

I have questioned and He gave me answers. I have doubted and He has shown me where I stand. He has made me to see that He is the ONLY answer to my feelings of unworthiness or loneliness. He showed me that He always knows where I am...He always keeps track of me...I am never alone. And, NO ONE cares for me like He does.

I learned these lessons years ago, but I have felt compelled to write about some of these things today. Maybe some of you who are kind enough to visit me at Gatherings need to hear these words. Another thing I have learned is that when God nudges my heart about doing something...I need to listen.

God is good. God is trustworthy. God loves you more than anything. He proved Himself to me...and He will prove Himself to you. He keeps His promises.

So, here are a few verses that speak to me...and remind me of what I mean to Him. And, whether someone needs this now, or maybe will need it next week...I'll leave that part up to Him. He will see that whomever needs it will see it.

One more thing. If I can ever answer questions about my faith in the Lord...it would make me proud to do so. If I can help you find answers that you may need...it would be a privilege.

******************************

"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."
Psalm 36:5

"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you". James 4:8

"How precious it is, Lord, to realize that You are thinking about me constantly" (Psalm 139:17).

"Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress" (Psalm 71:3, NIV).


"You are my hiding place, You will protect me from troubles and
surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7

"The eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, on those whose hope is in His UNFAILING LOVE, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in HOPE for the Lord;
HE IS HELP AND OUR SHIELD. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we TRUST in His holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
even as WE PUT OUR HOPE IN YOU!" Psalm 33:18

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my - - - that plane in front of the billowing cumulus cloud!!! That is a spectacular photo!

RachelD said...

And it's MY privilege to read your words, see your faith, hear your testimony, and to pray for and WITH you every day.

Gram said...

What a wonderful post. It made my heart feel good.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful post. Excellent pictures and Bible verses. I agree totally with you and thank you for sharing your heart.

Jean said...

All of those verses are ones that I have underlined or circled or dated, or all of the above, in my Bible as I have needed to hang onto them at one time or another. Thank you, thank you, thank you for obeying His prompting and for being such a wonderful kindred spirit to me.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Beautiful words and pics. Thanks for sharing.