Sunday, February 28, 2010

BIBLE CAKE

Let me be the first to say it (cause I know that some of you that know me in real life are already thinking it)...I did not make this cake and I do not intend to make this cake. But, I know that some of you really like that sort of thing :). So, if you decide to try this, I'd love to hear about it.



What's that you say? You do not have the time to look up all the references? Well, I don't want to spoil anyone's fun...so if you want the challenge of looking up the ingredients yourself...DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER. If just the thought of trying to figure this whole puzzle out makes you want to run screaming into the night...the deciphered recipe is below.

BIBLE CAKE

1/2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 tbs. honey
6 eggs
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Spices to taste
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
2 c. figs
2 c. almonds
2 c. raisins

Beat the butter, sugar, and honey until light. Beat the 6 egg yolks and add. Add flour, baking powder, spices, and salt alternately with the milk. Fold in figs, almonds and raisins, then add the 6 egg whites beaten stiff. Bake 2 hours in greased 10" tube pan at 300F. Makes 28 servings.

No. No, I still do not intend to make this cake!

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This is way to cool. Where did you find this? I love it! Someone really worked hard at creating this recipe.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I must admit, I cheated and looked! I love though that someone took the time to do this. Wonder if it tastes good? Which reminds me of this verse: "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good."

nancygrayce said...

We bought a church cookbook once with that recipe! But the figs turned me right off! It's a cool recipe though.

Keetha Broyles said...

Very fun!!!!

I cheated - - - I didn't want to take the time to look all that up.