Sunday, April 4, 2010

FOLLOW-UP PICTURE...and a bonus!



I promised to get a picture of the cousins to compare with the one I showed you yesterday. They didn't fight me too bad today...even though they would have been just as happy if I had not even said the word 'picture'! So here they are...in the same order they were in the first pic.
L to R...Ian...Lori...Alex...Tara...Adam.

2010

1988


And, since my name is "MUD" for showing you the cute Easter picture from their childhood....I'll just show you another picture where their names were "MUD"!



This is one of my most favorite pictures of them. We had travelled to NC to visit our family. They were sort of bored...what with them being 'city kids' and all. So, someone had the bright idea to turn the waterhose on in Aunt Marie's driveway. Well, it didn't take long until they were covered in mud...every one of them...and every inch of them. They had the time of their lives! And, none of them had ever been that dirty before. Probably not since, either! I remember my Granny Merritt kept telling us that they were going to get 'ground itch'. I don't know if they did or not...but they wanted a repeat mud hole the next day. They didn't get it though! I remember how we sprayed them off with the hose while they were still outside. And, after the girls had gone inside to the tub, the boys got soaped down, shampooed, and sprayed off outside. They didn't think it was possible to get a bath outside. That was another thing they learned that day!

I'm sure my family in NC knows just where this photo was taken...and may even remember this day! A big Easter (((HUG))) goes out to them!

A better report on our Easter day to follow.

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Such fun! There's NOTHING like the bond between cousins.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh Tonja, I love this idea. They took a great new photo. You must do a double/triple frame for each of them with those photos. Just love the mud and the story!

nancygrayce said...

Look at them all grown up! I have a mud picture like that somewhere....now I'm going to have to look!

Jean said...

How funny to see the height of the boys in reverse on those two pictures!

Ewwww, that mud picture makes me miserable to look at it. But I know they loved it.

Southern Lady said...

What neat pictures, Tonja ... and wonderful memories for your boys and their cousins. It's so nice that they can still see each other. I have such good memories of time spent with my cousins when we were growing up.

Debbie said...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I hope you have a wonderful easter. Great pictures, I love that they are standing in the same place as long ago. Memories.....ahh. You have a great week. Blessings, Debbie