Sunday, April 18, 2010

SATURDAY and SUNDAY and TRUE LOVE

From the Grand Sandestin Hotel, there is a seashell strewn pathway down to the Baytowne Wharf shopping and eating area. It is a short walk...maybe 500 feet or so. As we walked down to find a place to eat lunch, I used my camera to capture images that demanded a second look. Here is what caught my eye...

The pathway.....


Johnny Jump-ups...planted in big beds...






...and a little orange gerbera thrown in...


And, Old Glory is peeking out between the columns...


A beautiful urn and flower bed filled with colorful pansies...


Loved the foliage on this tree against the grey-blue sky...


An absolutely gorgeous courtyard...immaculate!...


What is that I spy back behind those bushes?...


Let's get a little closer...


What a neat old fence...


And, notice how all the vine is all twisted around, and through the gate. Don't know what it is, but bet it's pretty when it's blooming...


******************************
Walking back to the hotel after breakfast, I watched an elderly couple meandering along in front of me. She had a bag full of something. She and I were talking about all the pretty flowers. She stopped walking and then she said to her hubby, "I don't see her...she's always here. I bet she thinks we forgot her."
Her hubby said, "Don't fret, dear. She always comes running when you call her. Did you call her?" "Well, no. No, I didn't," she said. "Well, my dear, why didn't you?" he asked. She stopped walking and looked at him and said, "I didn't call her because you forgot to remember that you needed to remember to tell me to call her."
And, he turned around and walked to her, took her hand, kissed it and said, "I'm sorry I failed you, dear. I won't let it happen again. Now, you call her and see what happens." He glanced over at me and said, "She's still sharp as a tack." She looked up at him and a thousand things showed themselves on her sweet face...and then she said, "I can't seem to remember her name. So, how can I call her?" "Think hard", he said. "You know...just think." She thought and it was if I could see the wheels turning...bringing up info for her to consider. She must be thinking of every name she ever knew. And, then...a smile slowly began to form. She had it!
"Ca-a-at! Cat! Cat!, she called. "Come on here to Mama. Cat, come on...I got your breakfast! Cat! Ca-a-at!" I wanted to help her call. I wanted to find a cat for her. I actually prayed that the Lord would find that cat and set it down in front of her. She called again and again. She started to get teary. Hubby looked over at her and said, "She's gonna come...just wait!" And, I sent another prayer to the Lord. I wanted to see a cat, even though cats are not very high on my list of things I like. But, right now, I wanted to see Cat very bad. And, then...from under a big group of bushes...out comes a cat! And, from the way her sweet face lit up...I knew it was THE cat. "Look," she said to Hubby, "I told you she was gonna come. I knew it! I knew it!" Hubby told her to come on down where there was shade before she began feeding her. There was a low wall, and she slowly sat down...and Hubby sat beside her. And, as I walked off, I looked back at them sitting there...a big smile on her face as she watched the cat. And, a bigger smile on Hubby's face as he watched his wife. He saw me looking, and gave me a wave...and then a big thumbs up!

6 comments:

Gram said...

What a touching story! I love to see how couples show their love to each other!

I am playing catch up - haven't had much time to read blogs. The pictures of your vacation are beautiful.

nancygrayce said...

That's just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard! What a precious husband.....I hope mine will be so kind!

Southern Lady said...

Oh, what a precious story, Tonja. I know that made your day to witness the love between that sweet couple. Thank you for sharing it with us.

RachelD said...

We hope for it not to be like that, and we hope for it to BE like that.

Jean said...

Beautiful pictures and an even more beautiful story. Just precious!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Boy do I have tears in my eyes. What a lovely story and how lucky she is to have a man who loves her with all his heart.